Class Descriptions – Heights School of Yoga
- Tuesday 9 – 10:30 am | Wednesday 6:30 – 8 pm | Saturday 9:30 – 10:45 am
- Monthly $64 for 1 class a week -
- $128/ month unlimited for any of Pam’s classes
- $17 Drop in class
Pam has been teaching for 20 years. Each class offers a wealth of information. She places emphasis on coordinating movement to the breath. Importance is placed on balancing body structure, staying focused and de-stressing through movement, breathing techniques and meditation. Classes are challenging, rejuvenating, contemplative.
Slow Flow yoga matches movement to long smooth even inhalations/exhalations, grounding the student in breath and balance. These vinyasas are specifically sequenced to build on one another allowing the student to reach their maximum potential in an asana. Special attention is given to alignment, relaxation, breathing techniques, and meditation.
Thursday 9:30 10:30
Basic Yoga postures with focus on the breath work. Postures will be modified to meet the students need with props. Emphasis on learning breathing techniques, twists to cleanse the internal organs, and with techniques to relax the nervous system.
Privates with Pam. This instruction will be targeted to your needs at the time. You will be given a full skeletal evaluation, postural alignment details, in depth instruction on the proper use of the breath as well as restorative techniques. Contact Pam for more information. 713 301 9238
Private/One on One Classes
Don’t like large classes? Want to learn yogic breathing techniques or have a custom sequence of asana’ created to help an existing injury or just tweak your strengths/weakness. 60-90 minutes privates with the teachers full attention and wisdom training focused only on you. It will prepare you to
enter a large class with confidence or give you the ability to practice at home on your own. From $65 – $95 For scheduling and more info call: Pam
- Thursday 7 – 7:45 pm
Relax Recharge Rejuvenate: Restorative Yoga
- Monday 7:00-8:15 PM
- $60, 4 class package; $17 drop in fee per class
Stress can wreak havoc on our lives, affecting our health, our relationships, and our productivity. This class is designed for ultimate stress relief by focusing on breathwork, passive asanas, and deep relaxation. Soothing postures will allow you to clear your mind and open your heart. Release stress with sequenced restorative postures held long enough to create deep relaxation. Bolsters, blankets, and blocks are used to fully support the body alongside focused breathing and guided relaxation techniques. Beginners welcome.
- Tuesday 6:15 – 7:15 pm
- $55, 4 class package; $15 drop in class
New to yoga or would you like to review the basics? Learn the fundamental aspects of yoga. Strong focus is placed on breath awareness. Explore beginner postures, standing, forward and backward bends, twists and their alignment, relaxation and meditation. Emphasis is on personal instruction.
Yoga for Stress Release
Thursday 5:45-6:45 PM
- Try your first class for $12; $15 drop in fee per class; $70 for a 5 class package
- “Stress” is stored in the back, shoulders, hips, stomach, and the psoas. Intense stretching with relaxing deep breaths can release it. Although stress is perceived as a mental strain, extremely simple physical routines, and focused stretches enable the mind to release stress, through the body and the breath. Open the shoulders, the back, the hips, and the psoas, gain hamstring flexibility, strengthen and engage the core, improve balance and poise – this is the focus of “Yoga for Stress Release” – to make you stress free, stretched out, relaxed and energetic. Even if you have never done Yoga before, please come by and discover yourself.
Friday Morning Beginner Class
- Fridays 9:45-10:45 AM
- $90 for series, or $17 drop in fee per class
The beginner series will focus on the absolute basics of Yoga.
Wednesday 8:00-9:15 AM
- $15 per class or $60 for 5 classes
Kundalini Yoga is energy of awareness that resides at the base of the spine, which, when awakened lifts you up to recognize and live your destiny. At the end of the class nurture yourself with meditation and wash yourself with resonating sound of the gong.